Monday, January 19, 2015

Tilapia Fish Taco

Feeding tilapia to my kids creates a bit of a mixed result.  My oldest (who eats about anything) has no problem downing a fillet, but the younger ones will poke and prod to no end.

Unless it's in a taco.

Below is my favorite fish taco recipe.  We seem to always use the grill for this one, and although it's winter, it feels warm enough to roll that grill out.

My favorite (and the easiest) way to make this is with this:

BUT, I actually haven't seen it the past few trips to Costco.  I have no doubt it will return (fingers crossed)!

A marinade I've used that we all like is below (and I have no idea where I pulled it from originally!):

1 T dried parsley
1 T dried oregano
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 T lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
dash red pepper flakes (to taste)

Marinate for about 30 minutes, then grill about 3-5 minutes on each side.

BEST PART is the SAUCE!

Sauce:
1/4 c plain greek yogurt
1 T lime juice
handful chopped cilantro
1/8 tsp. cumin
1 T water
Blend together.

Great on corn tortillas, with avocado, fresh salsa and some green cabbage!

When feeding this to the kids (depending on which kid!), I'll even add a few black beans (or a thin layer of refried beans) onto the tortilla with the shredded tilapia.  They love the combo!


No comments:

Post a Comment